Lent is the somber 40-day season in the church year that leads up to Holy Week. It begins Ash Wednesday (February 22nd, 2023) and ends on Palm Sunday (April 2nd, 2023), but the 40 days do not include Sundays. The 40 days are reminders of Jesus’ 40 days in the wilderness as he began his ministry immediately after his baptism.
From March 1st through March 29th, CtK will hold brief, layperson-led worship services at 6:30 PM on Wednesdays. Everyone is invited to bring a supper to eat afterward in the fellowship hall.
The Lenten Midweek Worship theme is “Sing with All the Saints in Glory” with these weekly titles:
- March 1 – Inheritance of Faith: George Herbert; John Wesley, Charles Wesley
- March 8 – Perseverance with Endurance: Perpetua and Felicity; Harriet Tubman and Sojourner Truth
- March 15 – Faithful in Prayer: Gregory the Great; Patrick
- March 22 – Striving for Justice: Joseph; Oscar Romero
- March 29 – Dying and Rising with Christ: Hans Nielsen Hauge; John Donne
Click here for information about Holy Week worship.